Pre-op Medical Clearance
Preoperative Medical Clearance Miami
Miami Urgent Care provides preoperative medical clearance to patients throughout the greater Miami and Fort Lauderdale area. Our well equipped office provides this valuable service to patients in our community 7 days a week. We have access to the latest equipment including full time EKG, X-ray, Ultrasound, Pulmonary Function Testing and complete laboratory services enabling us to provide preoperative clearance in 24 hours or less in most cases. Being open 7 days a week and having all the necessary equipment needed on site enables us to provide this necessary service to surgical groups and individual patients 7 days a week. Although it is best to schedule your preoperative medical clearance in advance, when circumstances arise that prevent you from doing so you may simply walk-in and be seen for your preoperative clearance.
- Patients receive their medical clearances in a modern, fully equipped, state of the art medical center.
- Same day appointments and walk-in visits are available
- EKG, Digital X-ray, Pulmonary Function Testing and lab services available in our office. No need to drive all around town
- Just bring in with your paperwork and we will do all the required tests and get the results back to your surgeon
- We accept patients with Medicare, insurance and private pay patients without insurance
What to bring with you to your preoperative medical clearance appointment
- Your photo ID and insurance card if you have one.
- Your complete medical and surgical history, including all allergies
- Please bring all of the medications that you take, in their original bottles, as well as any vitamins or supplements.
- The names and phone numbers of your surgeon who asked you to obtain medical clearance
- The name and phone number of the pharmacy
- Any completed lab work/EKG/X-ray results that you have already had performed within the past 30 days
Please Note: Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should be discontinued one week before surgery to avoid excessive bleeding.