Miami Urgent Care was the first urgent care center in Miami to offer telemedicine to the Miami community. We have always prided ourselves on not only providing the finest care available but also on being available to our patients when you need us. By offering telemedicine to our patients we are able to make it easier for you to obtain the care you need when you need it. Telemedicine visits are currently being offered by appointment only.
Telemedicine consultations are appropriate for some non emergent medical conditions listed below. If you are experiencing a medical emergency you should immediately call 911 to summon fire rescue.
To arrange a telemedicine visit call 305 494-0536 during normal hours of operation and text that same number to arrange after hours telemedicine visits.
After you have spoken with our office and arranged your telemedicine consult you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed.
Conditions and Diagnosis That Can Usually Be Treated Via Telemedicine
Corona Virus Alert
For the safety of our patients and staff we are performing telemedicine visits for patients who have symptoms of or questions about corona virus.
- Acid reflux
- Acute conjunctivitis / Pink eye
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Anxiety and Depression
- Burns (minor and sunburns)
- Absentee work or school excuses
- Laboratory and diagnostic study results
- STD consultation
- STD results
- Influenza (uncomplicated)
- Wounds (minor)
- Sinusitis (mild)
- Skin infections
- Smoking Cessation
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections (uncomplicated)
- Weight management
- Bronchitis (mild)
- Muscle sprain
- Joint pain
- Pain control (non narcotic)
Conditions That Can NOT Be Treated Via Telemedicine
- Abdominal pain
- Chest Pain
- Acute neurological conditions (weakness, paralysis, gait abnormalities etc.)
- Altered mental status
- Inability to communicate history or symptoms
- Allergic reaction severe
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Rash with fever and systemic symptoms
- Shortness of breadth
- Trauma moderate to severe
- Urinary tract infection (severe)
- Kidney stone
- Vision disturbance
Important Information Regarding Your Telemedicine Consultation
- You must be located in the States of Florida or North Carolina
- You must have a computer equipped with a video camera (this requirement is waived in the immediate period following the corona virus pandemic)
- Many insurance companies cover telemedicine visits. Copays and deductibles do apply. We can verify coverage for you and let you know of the cost before your visit.
- We do offer this service for private pay patients at a discounted fee for those that pay at the time services are rendered.
- Payment must be received prior to the visit and there are no refunds for appointments cancelled by the patient
- Insurance is currently accepted for telemedicine visits but must be verified durring regular hours of operatuion. Copays and deductibles apply.
- Prior to your appointment you will receive information regarding how to sign in for your appointment, privacy and security, potential risks, confidentiality, our electronic medical record, how to contact Dr. Mones if needed upon completion of the consult as well as means of obtaining referrals to other providers
- We do not prescribe narcotics during telemedicine consultations
- It is important to understand that you may be advised to come to our office or to seek care at another provider’s office or the emergency room.
- Payment for the telemedicine consultation is separate and apart and in addition to fees that may be incurred if you are instructed to go to our office or to seek care at another provider’s office or the emergency room.
- Technical difficulties may occur that prevent the completion of the telemedicine consultation.
- In order to maintain confidentiality it is your responsibility to make certain you are in private surroundings